Genie Solar has created many partnerships with community solar developers. In addition, we are currently developing several of our own projects. Clients who are interested in benefiting from renewable energy and sharing in the cost savings can submit their bill to Genie Solar. We will work with our partnerships to see if there is a qualified solar project in development or already built that is looking for offtake.
There are a number of nuances that go into our search to find the best fit for your business.
- Bill analysis – Your state, utility, rate class, and usage will determine if you are eligible to participate in community solar. Based on your usage profile and forecasted energy consumption, we will determine the best amount of energy to subscribe.
- We will work with our vendors and partners to determine what terms and discounts you qualify for.
- We will present you with a contract – which you will hopefully sign!
- Electricity is generated off-site at a community solar farm. The electricity is pushed onto the grid.
- The utility will credit you for the amount based on your subscription allocation and the amount of electricity produced.
- You will receive a second bill from the solar farm less than the credit you received from the utility.